- Pale : Australian Pale Ale
- Weizen: Bavarian Wheat BeerThis Hefeweizen is made using a traditional double decoction method to produce a characteristic sweet wort, which when combined with German noble hops and Bavarian yeast produces an exceptional Bavarian white beer brimming with pleasant spice and fruit notes. Enjoy it unfiltered and traditionally cloudy. 4.5%ABV
- ESB: Extra Special Bitter
- Stout: Classic Oatmeal Stout
- Brown : American Brown AleThe roots of this style lie with American home brewers who brew it with a big malt presence.
This American Brown Ale has a malt chocolate punch with a hint of coffee. The lightly hopped fruity character allows the malt to stand out.
The full bodied warming feel of this brown ale is reflected in its ruby tinged darkness. Unfiltered of course. 5.5%ABV
- Good Witch Rye BlondeThis malt driven American Pale has been given a fresh twist with the addition of Southern Hemisphere hops. The rye malt adds a tart and creamy finish, which combined with the citrus and passionfruit character of the hops delivers a clean and balanced summer ale. Now available all year round. 5.5%ABV
Scottish Light 60/-
Produced from the same mash as our GABS festival beer, a Scottish Export 80 Shilling, this Scottish Light 60 Shilling is full of malt with mellow caramel and light bread notes. A hint of orange-citrus adds complexity to the familiar earth and spice of English noble hops. A slight hop adjustment keeps the beer balanced producing a smooth clean malty bitterness. 4.1%ABV
Also available in stubby.
GABS Beer: The “A9 to Thurso” Scottish Ale 80/-
The A9 was produced from first runnings (parti-gyle) with our Scottish Light. It is quietly conditioning, awaiting its debut at this years GABS Beer Spectapular in Melbourne on 19 – 21 May 2017. It will then be available at Cubby Haus Brewing the following week.
A pint of this fine ale will take you back to the Scottish North where kilts are worn for comfort and warmth. The “A9 to Thurso” is full of malt with mellow caramel and light bread notes. A hint of orange-citrus adds complexity to the familiar earth and spice of English noble hops. A low carbonated, malt focused beer provides a smooth clean bitterness which delivers a well balanced malt driven Scottish Ale. 6.1%ABV
Now available in stubby.
New Beers in Production
Bohemian Pilsner – available October
Our Spring beer is a light and malty Bohemian Pilsner. Our first ever lager! This will not be your standard light and bland lager, but a rich, malty and aromatic beer. The way lager was meant to be. 5.0%ABV
English IPA – available Autumn 2018
Our very successful English Pale Ale will morph into an English India Pale Ale in time for Autumn (or earlier if I can manage it). Lessons learnt, this ale will be packed full of spicy and earthy English noble hops. Definitely not a fruit drink.
Beers on the near horizon
- London Brown
- Irish Red Ale
- Dusseldorf Altbier
- Scottish Light 60/- 3.5%ABV
Reminisce on our past beers. Let us know if you would really love to see them again…
English Pale Ale (Autumn 2017)
This English Pale Ale, with the addition of Pacifica hops adds a hint of spice and orange to the traditional fruit spice notes of the style, producing a crisp and clean bitterness. The beer is rounded off with a hint of bread malt. 5.8%ABV
Brewer’s Note: This was meant to be an English IPA but the extra-hoppiness simply wasn’t present. Instead we have a hoppy English Pale Ale. Happiness.