- Pale : Australian Pale AleIn the Great Aussie Tradition, this Australian Pale Ale is easy drinking with a hint of bittering hops and a mild malt profile. This makes it perfect for enjoying on warm summer days as well as by the fire on cool winter evenings. A
great session ale. 5.0%ABV
- Weizen: Bavarian Wheat BeerThis Hefeweizen is made using a traditional double decoction method to produce a characteristic sweet wort, which when combined with German noble hops and Bavarian yeast produces an exceptional Bavarian white beer brimming with pleasant spice and fruit notes. Enjoy it unfiltered and traditionally cloudy.
- ESB: Extra Special BitterBased on the local fare of Gloucestershire UK, this ESB is well balanced with bitterness slightly dominating over an earthy hop presence.
A creamy and soft caramel sweetness finishes with mineral dry notes. 4.5%ABV
- Stout: Classic Oatmeal StoutOur stout is made in the classic English style with rolled oats. A prolonged mash and easy boil brings out the character of the roasted barley and black malt with a hint of coffee liqueur.
A lighter style stout with a full and silky mouth feel delivers a satisfying and perplexing ale. 5.0%ABV
- Brown : American Brown AleThe roots of this style lie with American home brewers who brew it with a big malt presence.
This American Brown Ale has a malt chocolate punch with a hint of coffee. The lightly hopped fruity character allows the malt to stand out.
The full bodied warming feel of this brown ale is reflected in its ruby tinged darkness. Unfiltered of course. 5.5%ABV
- Good Witch Rye BlondeThis malt driven American Pale has been given a fresh twist with the addition of Southern Hemisphere hops. The rye malt adds a tart and creamy finish, which combined with the citrus and passionfruit character of the hops delivers a clean and balanced summer ale. Now available all year round. 5.5%ABV
Our Bohemian Pilsner abounds with malt and hop character. This big lager is balanced by a smooth and clean bitterness derived from Green Bullet hops. Hallertau Mittelfruh and Pacifica hops combine to deliver a pleasant fruit and citrus note. Moderate carbonation makes it a very pleasant summer lager.
Available only on tap
Scottish Light 60/-
Produced from the same mash as our GABS festival beer, this Scottish Light 60 Shilling is full of malt with mellow caramel and light bread notes. A hint of orange-citrus adds complexity to the familiar earth and spice of English noble hops. A slight hop adjustment keeps the beer balanced producing a smooth clean malty bitterness. 4.1%ABV
The Scottish Light has been so popular it will become our flagship mid-strength beer which will be 3.5%. Ready early 2018.
Also available in stubby.
GABS Beer: The “A9 to Thurso” Scottish Ale 80/-
The A9 was produced from first runnings (parti-gyle) with our Scottish Light. It was well received at GABS. It has been delighting those of us who like a rich malty beer and has been endorsed by many a Scot. We are onto our last keg, grab a pint before it’s all gone.
A pint of this fine ale will take you back to the Scottish North where kilts are worn for comfort and warmth. The “A9 to Thurso” is full of malt with mellow caramel and light bread notes. A hint of orange-citrus adds complexity to the familiar earth and spice of English noble hops. A low carbonated, malt focused beer provides a smooth clean bitterness which delivers a well balanced malt driven Scottish Ale. 6.1%ABV
Also available in stubby.
New Beers in Production
After much deliberation and a desire to drink this style, we have embarked upon producing a Belgian style Saison. Details are loose at the moment, but the grist will be mainly European with some left-over grains and maybe some oats thrown in. A high fermentation temperature should ensure some pepper to accompany a subtle citrus hop presence. Lemon myrtle may be added to bring this beer to the antipodes.
English IPA – available Autumn 2018
Our very successful English Pale Ale will morph into an English India Pale Ale in time for Autumn (or earlier if I can manage it). Lessons learnt, this ale will be packed full of spicy and earthy English noble hops. Definitely not a fruit drink.
Beers on the near horizon
- London Brown
- Irish Red Ale
- Dusseldorf Altbier
- Scottish Light 60/- 3.5%ABV
Reminisce on our past beers. Let us know if you would really love to see them again…
English Pale Ale (Autumn 2017)
This English Pale Ale, with the addition of Pacifica hops adds a hint of spice and orange to the traditional fruit spice notes of the style, producing a crisp and clean bitterness. The beer is rounded off with a hint of bread malt. 5.8%ABV
Brewer’s Note: This was meant to be an English IPA but the extra-hoppiness simply wasn’t present. Instead we have a hoppy English Pale Ale. Happiness.